Coating Thickness Gauge Ferrous
Coating Thickness Gauge
A coating thickness gauge is a testing instrument that is used to measure the thickness of a coating that has been connected to a surface. It is also known as a paint meter. To choose a coating thickness gauge, we have to know the substrate first. Coating thickness estimation could be a principle component in fabricating, particularly for items that depend on dependable coatings for execution or strength. Coating must be connected to correct determinations assigned by the end-users of the item. Deciding the thickness of a coating is critical since it impacts the general product’s life span, execution, and physical appearance.
Moreover, Correct thickness estimates are basis for understanding the coating’s capabilities and quality. High-quality gauges give predominant adaptability for analyzing coating thickness without harming the substrate.
In addition, Ultrasonic thickness gauges are perfect for measuring the impacts of erosion or disintegration on tanks, channels, or any structure. Ultrasonic thickness gauges are designed for measuring the thickness of steel, cast press and aluminum (metallic) and ceramics, plastics and glass(non-metallic) substrates.
Model ELI- CTGF
Ferrous and nonferrous coating thickness gauges
are useful for precise measurement of non-conductive coating thickness on magnetic and non-magnetic substrates. Iron is used for coating magnetic material and non-magnetic material. On metallic and non-metallic materials coatings of paint, enamel, rubber, and plastic are applied. A Paint thickness gauge (paint meter) measures the overall film construct (thickness) of all car paint layers on metal vehicle boards. (Zinc phosphate, primer, base coat color,)are involved in automotive paint layers. Powder thickness gauge provides simple, fast, and accurate coating thickness measurement on smooth and thin industrial paint and powder coatings. Powder coatings producers prescribe target film thickness ranges to realize excellent execution characteristics.
Coating thickness guage Working Principle
The working principles for coating thickness gauge are the Magnetic Induction, Eddy Current, and Ultrasonic Principle.
- Magnetic Induction: In this method a magnetic field is used for measuring the thickness of non-magnetic coatings. A magnetic field is generated by the gauge that interacts with the coating. By observing the magnetic field changes, the thickness of the coatings is calculated.
2. Eddy Current: The thickness of non-conductive coatings applied to conductive surfaces can be measured by using this method. The conductive substrate gets Eddy currents as a result of the gauges alternating current generation. Afterwards, the coating interacts with these Eddy currents and the gauge measures the coating thickness.
- Auto-Hold reading on the display
- Based on Eddy current measurement method
- Thickness Range : 0-1250 micro metre
- Accuracy : ±2.5 micro metre
- Flexible lead Measuring Probes set of 5 Calibration Foils and Zero Disks.
- Power Supply: 4 x1.5 AAA (UM-4) battery
- Display: 4 digits, 10 mm LCD
- Resolution: 0.1 microns (0~99.9 um)
- Accuracy: ±1~3%n or 2.5 um or 0.1 mil (Whichever is the greater)
- Range : 0~1250 um/0~50 mil
Get in Touch
Benefits of coating thickness gauge
- The instrument has ultra-high exactness and can measure thickness as (0.1) micrometre.
- The magnetic coating thickness gauge is compact, adaptable, and simple to carry and the cost is generally cheap.
- Coating thickness can be measured rapidly and (non-destructively).
- Convenient and simple to utilize and permits more estimations to be done within a brief time.
- Estimations can be done from as it were one side of the test material.
- Versatile and easy to use and have wide estimation ( measurement) extend
- Settings can be done to oversee testing on diverse metal coatings and linings.
1: How to use a coating thickness gauge?
Ans: Make sure the gauge is calibrated and then place the probe on the coated surface and take the reading.
2: What is the purpose of coating thickness gauge?
Ans: The thickness of the coating applied to the surface is measured by a coating thickness gauge.
3: How is coating thickness measured?
Ans: Coating thickness can be measured by using several methods such as Eddy current or magnetic induction.
4: What is coating thickness?
Ans: Coating thickness measures the thickness of coatings or paint layers.
5: What is the Price of coating thickness gauge?
Ans: The Pricing of the Coating thickness gauge starts from 17000 INR to 35000 INR in India.
Our Related Products
Hot Air Oven
Peel Seal Bond Strength Tester
TP 800 Portable spectrophotometer
Co- Efficient of Friction Tester
Bursting Strength Tester
GSM Round Cutter Machine
Color Matching Cabinet
Cobb Sizing Tester
Laboratory Heat Sealer
GSM Balance- Digital Model
Edge Crush Tester
Box Compression Tester